A Caring Attorney Helping Secure Alimony
When couples pursue a divorce, there are many financial aspects that must be addressed. For example, the division of marital property and assets is crucial. And so is the separate issue of spousal support or alimony. The spouse who may have sacrificed his or her career to stay home with the children is in line to receive alimony. So is the spouse who earned less money while working.
McNelis Law, P.A., in Bartow, Florida, is an experienced family law firm that has guided clients for nearly 20 years. Attorney Stacey H. McNelis is a compassionate, empathetic and assertive legal advocate who grew up in Bartow. She knows the people and understands their needs. Each one of her clients gets the personal attention they deserve from Stacey H. McNelis, a skilled negotiator and litigator.
Many Factors Are Considered Regarding Alimony
Stacey H. McNelis will guide you through the legal process, explain the available options and pursue a resolution. When awarding alimony, judges and courts review a number of matters, including:
- The earnings of each spouse
- How long the marriage lasted
- The standard of living the couple had while married
- The investments such as property mutual funds and retirement accounts that each spouse brought into the marriage
- Each spouse’s needs related to their age, physical conditions, emotional states and financial capabilities
- The amount of time it will take for the alimony recipient to obtain training and education toward becoming self-sufficient
Ms. McNelis and her family law team are committed to their clients. They listen, provide advice and seek results.
Call For A Free Consultation; We Will Help
A divorce has left you with an economic disadvantage because you may have been a non-wage earner or earned less than your spouse. You just may qualify for spousal support or alimony. McNelis Law, P.A., in Bartow, Florida, is prepared to help you. Our team fights aggressively for your interests in seeking the best possible outcome. We offer free consultations, so please contact our team online or call 863-537-7370.